Wednesday, September 23, 2009

i did it.

I did! I bought the pillows! I also talked my sweet hubby into helping me rearrange our living room, but more on that later.

So, which ones did I buy? Well, here they are in all their glory:



I bought all of them from different sellers on Etsy, and am seriously anxious for them to get here. I peruse Etsy all the time, but this is the first time I've actually purchased something, and I think I'm hooked now.

They are going to go beautifully with these Rocky River curtains I already have:


And now for details on the living room re-arrangement. For the last 3 months I've been annoyed by our arrangement. I just never loved it. The sofa was on a weird half-wall that only1/3 of it fit on. The chair was next to the TV, so anytime we had guests over, it was just awkward for people needing a place to sit. So during Monday night football, I stared into space and thought about a rearrangement (seriously. kyle had to ask if I was OK because I was staring off into home dream land.) At half-time, Kyle went to buy milk, and I worked my magic. By the time he was home, I had big ideas for him that involved de-mounting our TV, and getting rid of some super annoying cords.

I love the result. I even re-arranged some accessories throughout the apartment. Now, keep in mind, this is just an apartment, and I really should have done a before photo, but here's our cozy little abode:





Now that the pillows have been ordered, my next "to do" items involve an area rug, and either recovering our ottoman, or getting a new coffee table all together. I love how cozy it is, but am not super confident in my ability to recover it myself. I have zero sewing abilities, and I mean ZERO.


1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yay for a new post! Looks good..probably even better in person. I can't wait to see it with the new pillows! And as far as the ottoman goes, fear not! All it takes is some fabric and a staple gun...who needs to know how to sew?! Especially since your ottoman doesn't have any special curves or anything extra i'm sure it would be pretty easy!

Post a Comment